Sunday, July 10, 2011

Week 10: A new beginning... or something like that

So this week I began my second rotation of my internship. I am now working in Global Internal Audit and I get to look at countries in Latin America and do some lovely data analytics looking for trends and anomalies. So I'll cut to the chase here's this weeks 10.

1. So I'll just get this out of the way now. Intern Kickball team is 0 and 6 on the season. We have lost to every team once and my optimism for a turnaround is fading. We only had 11 players this week (usually 20ish) and we still couldn't pull it off.

2. I came into work one morning and I had an email that read:
Hi All
I brought Donuts today
Have a happy Friday
-Jesus

Yes Jesus brought me Donuts!

3. So I started in my new group this week, and unfortunately technology has decided to revolt against this move and has thus stopped working for me. The system I need for my project decided I do not have sufficient access, another program wouldn't let me log in, and my Outlook decided it just wanted to wig out for a few hours.... yup Love Technology some days!

4. So my 7 month old niece has been ... we'll call it scooting (almost crawling) around the house. YAY! Well anyways, one night she's on the floor taking a break so I got down and this was the result of my encounter: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EaYyXx9MEw

5. Cute moment of the week: A few weeks ago my 4 year old niece told me I wasn't part of the family. Yesterday she told me she was talking about me during church. So I asked her why and she responded that they were talking about families. So I decide to ask if I was part of the family and she said YES and then gave me a big hug. :)

6. I wish I could keep track of everyones responses at work when I tell them I go to school at BYU. A lot of them end up being "How the heck did you get here???" Many start conversations about Jimmer. Every once in a while I get a comment about the church. But it's pretty much all of those in one form or another. On the same note I get different looks when I tell people at church that I work for SCJ but those are more looks than words... not sure why most of the looks are followed by " A family company" or "It's a good company"

7. So a about a month ago I went swimming with the Fam and my nieces were showing me their swimming ability... you might be amazed at what two weeks of swim lessons will do for them. The 7 year old is pretty solid, shes in and out of the deep end, and can go down the water slide all by herself and doesn't need as much help. However, the 4 year old while she has improved still needs constant supervision, this doesn't stop her from just leaping off the wall when you aren't looking and trying her best to reach you 6feet away before needing to be rescued.

8. I am a little surprised to find out that most of my Audit coworkers are extremely social and fun people. Yes I might be insinuating that accountants are usually dull and boring... but not this group.

9. My boss from my first half took me to lunch at ... Chipotle!!! Some of you might not know but I love Chipotle and unfortunately for the last 2 1/2 years I have gone without because the closest Chipotle is 40+ minutes away in SLC. Well as a good job / going away gift my boss gave me a gift card for Chipotle which will basically be enough for me to eat there once a week for the rest of the summer!!! I am very happy!!!!

10. I just have to let everyone know that Brooke Showalter is AWESOME.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy I got a shout out :) I miss you. Come home already.

    ReplyDelete