Monday, August 8, 2011

Week 14: Pressures On!



Phew... This last week was kinda crazy and I am definitely feeling the pressure here at work. I'm now down to only 4 days left at work... YES 4.... holy crap where did my summer go?!?!? So this upcoming week I will be giving my final presentation on Wednesday and then I should find out Thursday (my last day) if they are going to offer me a position to start full time next summer ....So needless to say this is a big week coming up. This last week was full of fun times so without further adieu here's my 10!

1. Kickball....... Ok I am just going to get this out of the way right now.... So of course for the third week in a row I do not have enough players to field a full team despite people telling me they were coming. This week however we didn't have enough guys .... ya didn't see that coming. So its game time and I have 7 players there.... Luckily a friend who is on the Finance Kickball team was there and offered to be our 8th so we could play. I talk to the Score keeper and tell her we are using a sub but playing short and she says its ok. We play the game and we are winning the entire time until the last inning when we fell apart (like always...) But we held it to a tie and forced it to go extra innings. Now not to toot my own horn (but I'll do it anyways) I scored not only our first run but the winning run as well. So we win the game YAY!!! I go to sign the official score sheet after the game and at that point I am informed that we "technically forfeited the game" ....SAY WHAT!!!! Apparently there is some "implied" rule that says you must have a minimum of 8 of your own team members on the field to play... I check the rule book it says you need a minimum of 8 players and subs can be used.... So .... After all that the intern teams official regular season record is 1-9* (I put the asterisk there just to make myself feel good)

2.I apologize for the rant above... can you tell I get a little into sports sometimes... Luckily I was very calm and reserved when dealing with the situation as to not embarrass myself and risk not getting an offer over a stupid kickball game

3. (this is actually from last week but I forgot to put it there so its going this week) I had dinner with a bunch of executives last week.Well of course that would be the day that I snag my shirt on something and pop the middle button off the front of my shirt. Oh but of course the dinner is immediately after work so no time to go home and change... I like to think of myself as the ghetto Macgyver. If I need to get something done and don't have the proper tools... no worries I just improvise! Who needs a needle and thread when you can use a safety pin and a white paper clip and voila. No one is the wiser that your middle button is being held on by a paper clip....

4. All North America Finance Employees and all the interns were treated to a lovely baseball game this week. This is my second time going to see the Brewers and I have to say I had fun. One guy went freaking crazy and went 3-4 with 3 homers.... I mean who does that!?! The only negative part was that it was a day game and we were sitting directly under the sun for a solid 3 hours and I am too much of a cheapskate to pay 5 bucks for a stinking Gatorade.

5. We had some really cool lightning this past week. None of it was actually hitting the ground but it was all just up in the clouds, It was just like fireworks the clouds were just on fire it was pretty awesome. (Imagine this picture constantly all around you for a solid half hour) (No I didn't take the picture (thank you google Images)

6. I have given myself the fun job of helping teach my nieces fun practical things. Such as shooting a basketball, telling time, Pumping your legs on a swing.... Well I am not sure how much of this knowledge they will actually keep but I can tell you that the 7 month old has mastered making elephant noises (and I wasn't actually trying to teach her that one :) )

7. My 4 year old niece one night at dinner looks out the window and says "WOW Look at that bird!" "It's beautiful" said in an almost dreamy voice, she turns to her sister and gives her a hug and says "This is the one we've been waiting for" If it doesn't sound that funny it was freaking hilarious to see it in person.

8. So I was holding the 7 month old niece early this week and "flying" her around the room. She came in to give her sister a kiss and proceed to puke on her... haha wow it was awesome... Needless to say they aren't as excited when she goes flying anymore :)

9. Like I said last week the company does a really good job at putting on these huge events for the employees. So this weekend was the Company Picnic. I'd say it is definitely a family friendly event. Lots of inflatables and little kid carnival games. Tons of free food, and then of course the adult (beer) tent. Overall it was fun, I think my nieces probably enjoyed it a lot more then I did.

10. In case you are interested I took some pictures this week of "The Great Work Room" and then my favorite Hallway... I know that sounds weird but just look at the pictures.

1 comment: