Sunday, May 8, 2011

My First Week in Wisconsin

I have been in Wisconsin for 7 days now. I have learned a few things over these last few days.

1. Don't fly through Chicago's O'Hare airport, apparently they have the power to cancel flights, delay them 6 hours, or give you the option of taking a 3 hour bus ride instead.

2. It is totally acceptable for a grown man to take showers while using pink princess shower curtains (as long as it is his nieces that pick out said shower curtains)

3. Reverting back to a slower Internet speed and no ESPN takes some getting used to.

4. 5 years of experimenting with gluten free food can make Gluten free Pizza taste a whole lot better!

5. I LOVE sleeping in, yet it gets hard when a 7 and 4 year old like making lots of noise because they have been up for 4 hours.

6. From now on I will try and make it a point to go out of my way to say hello to someone I do not recognize, because it sucks being on the other end of that.

7. Luckily there are cute girls in Wisconsin! :)

8. Expect tears when your 4 year old niece wants to play but you tell her "maybe later".

9. If dinner is served and you aren't home when everyone else starts eating, and the missionaries were invited over to eat (5 missionaries to be exact), you better be prepared to make your own dinner cause there won't be any left.

10. It's good to have a nice break from school and work, but I am glad I have something to look forward to in a few weeks cause I don't know how I could last 4 months of sitting around not doing anything.


4 comments:

  1. No ESPN? I have seen you without ESPN before and it looked like you were suffering. Good luck! Don't die. Sounds like the rest is nice though. Sleeping in is definitely up there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kudos to Jenn for mastering the gluten-free cooking! If I ever need recipes I know who to ask!

    Ha ha ha ha, it's funny to hear you talking about the kiddos, because Josh and I go through all that every day and hearing you mention it reminds me of our pre-child years (OH! TO SLEEP IN!!!!)

    The rest: funny, funny, funny! Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete